In light of the recent snow storms, we wanted to take a moment and talk about carbon monoxide with our customers. This is an odorless, colorless, gas that kills many people each year. It is caused by your flues or vents being clogged with snow, and the carbon monoxide not having anywhere to escape. This is potentially fatal.
Many people have been saying that we don't know where to put the snow! With more storms coming, we have to find somewhere to put it that is not around our vents. Make certain that any vent that goes into your home is clear of snow at all times. Periodically check it even while the snow is still flying. Don't wait for the storm to stop.
Common symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are...
We want to make certain that you have a safe winter. To find out more, please read this article from the Bangor Daily News!