What do our service plans include?
Service plans are an added product that R. H. Foster offers to help keep our customers equipment efficient and their costs low. But why would you sign up for a service plan? Find the in-depth details of our service plans below.
ANNUAL TUNE UPS
Did you know that the typical New England heating system is on for up to 1,000 hours per winter? This is a lot of work for your heating system! Annual Tune Ups ensure that your system is running properly and efficiently.
Saves you Money!
A well cleaned machine means that it’s a well working machine. If your machine is working at it’s peak quality, you’ll be saving money.
Trouble-Free winters are no longer a thing of the past! Tune Ups will help detect problems that may affect your heating later on!
A well tuned heating system will work faster and better. This means that you’ll be using less energy!
ADD ON OPTIONS
Carbon Monoxide/Smoke Detector Combination Unit
The safety of your family in your home is of utmost importance to R.H. Foster. If you do not have a Carbon Monoxide detector in your home, we highly encourage you to purchase one and have it installed. For your convenience, you may purchase a Carbon Monoxide/Smoke Detector Combination Unit from us. One-time add-on cost of $39.95.
TankSure Oil Tank Insurance
Most often, oil tank leaks start from the inside and work their way out and by the time you know about an issue, it may be too late and you have a mess on your hands. TankSure Oil Tank Insurance is a proactive insurance program whereby qualified participants receive $1000 towards the replacement of their oil tank, oftentimes before a leak occurs. Annual add-on cost of $49.95.
Electricity Wattage/Amp Meter
More and more consumers are looking further than their heating system to reduce their energy costs. Electricity Wattage/Amp Meters are an effective way to determine which appliances are costing you the most money in energy. Identifying the sometimes hidden electricity culprits in your home is the first step towards reducing your overall electricity use and ultimately saving money. For Platinum Efficiency Service Plan enrollees, our technicians will provide you with a demonstration on the use of the meter, but Electricity Wattage/Amp Meters are available for anyone to purchase. One-time add-on cost of $29.95.
Energy Efficiency Walkthrough
During the periodic cleaning and tune up appointment, our technician will conduct an Efficiency Home Walkthrough to provide a visual inspection and feedback in the following areas: Building Envelope, Exterior, Air Flow, Basement, Heating Systems, Interior Insulation, Windows and Doors, Attic, Air Quality, Appliances, Water and Lighting
Tank Level Monitoring Device Installation and Replacement (as needed)
As a measure of added assurance, our technician will install a tank level monitoring device to your oil and/or propane tank. Once activated, tank levels are monitored by R.H. Foster dispatchers with efficient deliveries scheduled accordingly with limited risk of interrupted service, especially when you are away from your home.
Electricity Base Load Demonstration
During the periodic cleaning and tune up appointment, our technician will utilize an Electricity Wattage/Amp Meter (meter also available to purchase as an Add On) to test the electricity being produced by an appliance in your home. Identifying the sometimes hidden electricity culprits in your home is the first step towards reducing your overall electricity use and ultimately saving money.
Carbon Monoxide Test
Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that, if undetected, can prove to be lethal. We at R.H. Foster care about the safety of those who live within your home. During the periodic cleaning and tune up appointment, our technician will conduct a carbon monoxide test and record the results. We highly recommend every home have a carbon monoxide detector installed. We have a carbon monoxide/smoke detector combination unit available as an Add On purchase.
Water Test Kit
After the periodic cleaning and tune up appointment, our technician will leave a water test kit. We at R.H. Foster care about the safety of those who live within your home. We recommend you take the time to complete the test and send in for your results.
Smoke Detector Testing
Having working smoke detectors in your home is the first step to getting your family out safely in the event of a house fire. We at R.H. Foster recommend you test your smoke detectors on a regular basis-at least twice a year. During the periodic cleaning and tune up appointment, our technician will visually inspect and test all accessible smoke detectors and record the results. We have a carbon monoxide/smoke detector combination unit available as an Add On purchase.
Insulated Receptacle Covers
Heat loss can occur in the smallest of spaces-taking care of those small spaces can be an easy fix that really adds up to energy savings. After the periodic cleaning and tune up appointment, our technician will leave a dozen insulated receptacle covers that you can install throughout your home. We recommend you start with outside walls first.
Radon Test Kit
After the periodic cleaning and tune up appointment, our technician will leave a radon test kit. We at R.H. Foster care about the safety of those who live within your home. We recommend you take the time to complete the test and send in for your results.
ANNUAL CLEANING AND TUNE-UP
R.H. Foster will provide a annual inspection and tune-up of the covered heating system in accordance with the standards established by the manufacturer of the covered appliance/heating system which will include:
For Natural Gas Systems:
1. performing an efficiency test;
2. inspecting electrical connections, wiring, transformers, intake and exhaust vents, boiler limits and safety controls, pressure switches, zone valves, heat exchanger (if applicable), the igniter, thermocouple and/ or thermopile, filters and aquastats (if applicable);
3. inspecting and cleaning condensate drains and traps (if applicable) and flame sensor;
4. checking water pressure and inspecting for water leaks;
5. measuring incoming gas pressure and manifold pressure; and
6. checking burner operation, air shutter operation for adequate combustion and ventilation
For Propane Systems:
1. testing all safety controls;
2. checking and adjusting ignition system;
3. vacuuming heating appliance and smoke pipe to chimney, if needed;
4. lubricating motors;
5. sealing air leaks around combustion chamber and venting;
6. tuning up and adjusting propane burner for maximum efficiency and economy;
7. inspecting propane tank(s) and regulator(s)
For Oil Systems:
1. checking safety and timing of the primary control;
2. replacing fuel nozzle and fuel filter (if necessary);
3. checking and cleaning or replacing fuel oil strainers;
4. cleaning and regulating fuel pump;
5. cleaning nozzle assembly;
6. vacuuming heating appliance and smoke pipe to chimney, if needed;
7. lubricating motors;
8. checking and replacing customer-supplied air filters;
9. replacing burner gasket and pouch plate gasket;
10. sealing air leaks around combustion chamber and venting;
11. tuning up and adjusting oil burner for maximum efficiency and economy;
12. performing ultrasonic test on oil tank(s)